Feel like you’d benefit from having someone else take a look at what you’ve written? Eager to have someone help you as you craft your next project? Need another set of eyes to help you find any errors or typos in your written work?
I am available to edit your professional and personal documents including:
- books – novels, memoirs, business books, and self-help publications.
- academic publications – journal articles, theses, and dissertations.
- marketing copy – websites, pamphlets, and newsletters.
- job applications materials – cover letters, resumes, and CVS.
Whatever you are writing, you and I will work together to craft the text that helps YOU meet YOUR goals and keep YOUR voice true to YOU.
If you are a new writer, I am particularly invested in helping you. I have over 10 years experience working with people who are new to the world of writing, and I’m here to support and advise you as you write your story.
My goal is to help YOU craft the words that will bring you closer to your goals be they your dream job, your perfect marketing materials, or your first novel. I will encourage you, cajole you, and even do a little tail-kicking accountability to help you get to where you want to be when you want to be there.
- Developmental Editing – I’ll help you build your work chapter by chapter and provide advice on organization, structure, character-development, etc.
- Content Editing – I’ll assist you as you complete your manuscript by suggesting places for further detail or information, minor organizational changes, and overall analysis of the completed text.
- Manuscript Reviews – I’ll provide you a 2-3 page analysis of your book and make suggestions about what works and what might need improvement. (See this link for more details.)
- Please note, I no longer do proofreading or line editing – EXCEPT for academic papers – but am happy to recommend several excellent proofreaders if that is the level of work that you need.
I typically work in Word using the Track Changes function for manuscripts, but I am also familiar with Scrivener and can still – with hot pink pen in hand – do edits on the page if that’s your preference. (Note – mailing manuscripts is an expense that falls to the writer.)
My passion is to help you shape YOUR manuscript into the book that YOU want it to be. I will use my skills, my training, and my deep passion for the written to help your words be the best they can be. I love the honor of doing that work with writers.
Before you contact me (or any editor), I suggest you take a couple of steps so that you get the most out of the editing relationship:
- Re-read your manuscript. Then revise it. Then revise it again. Only contact the editor when you have done EVERYTHING you know how to do to improve it.
- See these websites to get a sense of price for editing: Editorial Rates and Writer’s Digest Article on How Much Editors Should Charge. Note: you’ll see my prices fall right in the median range for professional editors.
- Take a full count of the words in your manuscript.
- Prepare a sample of 5-10 pages that I can use to evaluate what type of editing will be needed for your manuscript.
- Now, write me and know I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please contact me using the contact form below with any questions, to obtain a quote, or to schedule a FREE half-hour consultation.