As writers, we often need people who are a little further down the path of this world of words to give us encouragement, a bit of guidance, maybe a kick in the tush. . .*
Through the years as a professor, a friend, and a workshop and retreat leader, I’ve developed a process for helping writers – especially new writers – get projects started and finished when they’re having a little trouble discerning that path for themselves.
- Feel like you just don’t know where to start? Need some help getting words on the page for the first time?
As a coach, I help writers know how to get words on the page for the first time. (HINT – that just requires that you sit down and write.)
- Eager to have someone listen to your hopes and dreams for your work? Want a reader who is invested in your goals for your book?
I’m here to listen, suggest, and answer when you need some guidance on how your project looks, is shaped, and might be sold.
My specialty is working with new writers – folks who are just trying their hand at this long-form shape of writing. I love helping people new to book writing get your words started. I provide support, exercises, a listening ear, and solid feedback as YOU write YOUR book for who YOU chose.
If you need,
- help setting writing goals for a regular writing practice or to finish specific projects,
- suggestions about the structure or style of your book,
- recommendations about literary journals and publishers you might want to explore,
- a perspective about how to stay sincere and honest in the face of a very quick, needy marketplace,
I’d love to help.
If you are in need of an hour of time or a regular weekly coaching session, I’m flexible and thrilled to sit with you to talk. In fact, if you’re interested, let’s talk for a half-hour consult at NO CHARGE just to see if I can help you and you like my way of seeing this writing world.
After we chat, if you’re interested in further conversations, my rate is $50/hour, and we’ll work out a time and day that work well for you.
Interested in that free 30-minute consultation? Just fill out the contact form below, and I’ll be in touch asap.
*Note, I have never worn a top hat, driven a coach, or held a coaching session in a coach. . . but the picture is cool so . . .