It’s a trying thing to work full-time, run a side business of crafts, keep up with a house and pets, stay in touch with friends, and plan a wedding. Throw in “hosting the wedding” and, well, let’s just say that TIRED has a new sense of depth these days.
But as tired as I am, I’m also exhilarated because besides the rare times I have to stop at the gas station or keep an eye on the black widow by the garden, I love every single thing I’m doing.
- I am marrying the man I’ve looked for my whole life, and we are planning a wedding that speaks to who we are and our love for each other and the people in our lives.
- I get to write and read for a living. I spend my free time making things that give people joy.
- I own a farmhouse full of animals that give me joy (except for Emily’s new habit of peeing under the sink, which we will correct soon by closing off the cabinet.)
- I live on land, where mountains grace me with hugs in the morning.
- My father comes most weekends to help out and spend time with us.
- Meander gives us a nearly nightly routine of tearing around the yard like she’s ready to try out for Le Mans with Patrick Dempsey.
- And all of the things we are doing to prepare for the wedding are just accelerated versions of the dreams we have for this place.
My back hurts most days, and I fall into bed most nights with a sigh so deep the windows vibrate. We work hard, most hours of most days, but I wouldn’t change a thing.
This, my friends, is what they call the good life.
Tell me about your life. What are you loving about it right now?