This weekend, Dad, P, and I put in a total of 37 person hours of work. We are tired, but we are happy.
Here’s our list of accomplishments:
- Finished 150 feet of raised beds using all recycled materials – old fence posts and retired telephone poles.
- Cleared branches and twigs from the main trail head.
- Burned branches and twigs. Twice.
- Limed and fertilized the pasture and yard.
- Planted four fruit trees.
- Seeded wildflowers on the south-facing hill by the farmhouse.
- Re-attached the mower deck to Vulcan.
- Solidified plans for the flower garden, fire pit, and barbecue area above barn.
- Trim dead magnolias in the hopes that they return from root.
- Planted swiss chard, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, and two kids of lettuce.
- Tired Meander out completely two days in a row.
Sometimes, the best kind of relaxation is hard work.
Now, P and I are going to buy some grass-finished steaks, make baked potatoes, and relax for the evening. May you feel as much good fruit in your weekend as we do in ours.