In honor of St. Patrick’s Day and the beginning of spring, I bring you this edition of “Green Good Stuff.”
1. BookMooch – I feel like I blog about this website all the time, but if I do, it’s because I think it’s really phenomenal. Through Bookmooch, you can put books you want to give away up for people to mooch; then, after you’ve paid the cost for media mail shipping rates to send those folks the books of yours that they want, you can request books from other people. It’s a way to recycle and get great books at the same time. I’m waiting for my copy of Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair (no, I didn’t write this book, but I should have) to arrive any day now. And if you don’t have books to mooch because you can’t part with your darlings, then visit a yard sale and pick up some stuff to list. Any book will do? A Tip – Agatha Christie is very popular on Bookmooch.
2. Colon Cleanses – Yes, you read that right. I am celebrating colon cleanses today. At the risk (okay, the certainty) of sharing too much information, I have just started my first colon cleanse, and I am – sickly – excited about the results of this. I start a five day, apple juice-only fast on Saturday, so if my posts start getting really wacky then, you know why. I’ll keep you posted on the progress (or maybe not – that seems really gross).
3. Daffodils. This week my beautiful daffodils have started to bloom, just as my crocuses were starting to fade. My dad, being the horticulturist he is, always gets me these beautiful traditional varieties of flowers. My daffodils look something like this
4. Recycled Art. I love seeing people reuse materials to create beautiful things like this:
. This piece by artist Heather Jansch is made from driftwood and bronze. So spectacular. Art like this makes me feel like everything is alright because people can still produce this much beauty.
5. Spring Break – For me, it’s next week, and I am so excited. I have lots to do during that week, but with five extra days to do it, well, I probably still won’t get it done. But it’ll feel good to have some extra time nonetheless.
Have a great, green Thursday, All.