Today, I’d like to share with you some of my favorite lines from songs . . . let me know what you think.
1. “They’ve taken their toll, these latter days.” – Over the Rhine
2. “Think it’s about time you start hearing those words you’ve been blocking out.” — Slimfit
3. “Every once in a while, honey, let your love show. Every once in a while, honey, let yourself go. Nobody gets hurt.” – Alejandro Escovedo
4. “I go running through the screen doors of discretion.” – Dar Williams
5. “I’m just a mirror of a mirror of myself.” – Indigo Girls
6. “And the world slows, the clock shows, a wrinkle in the flow of time. She steps close, her eyes closed, lips pop open like a bottle of wine. She’ll love like it’s thirst, like she’s never been hurt.” — Ellis Paul
7. “Sometimes I feel like I’ve never been nothing but tired, and I”ll be working till the day I expire. Sometimes I lay down, no more can I do. Then, I go on again because you’ve asked me to.” — Patty Griffin
8. “Will I ever know the touch of your hand on my face? Will I ever see the lines of your shape through the dawn light?”– Hiram Ring
9. “Less than love is nothing. Nothing is not enough.”– Jonatha Brooke
10. “As I lay on the couch with my heart hanging out, I was frozen in fear like a rock in the ground. But you move me. You give me courage I didn’t know I had. You move me. I can’t go with you and stay where I am, so you move me.
— Pierce Pettis
Favorite lines, anyone?