Andi’s unofficial “favorites week” ends tomorrow, so if you want to get in on the giveaway, take a look at my original post. It’s been great to see everyone’s lists, and I hope to read more.
So here are a few more of my favorites.
1. Dreams where people I once knew well and still love appear as dear to me as ever. Tom Pounder and Evelyn Ho, dear friends, you made the dream show last night.
2. Students who are enthusiastic and excited about learning. I have so many of those students this term that I can’t even list them all.
3. Watching my cat Aslan eat (yes, she’s eating a bit today) yogurt. She gets it all over her chin and then has to lick it off with that great cat tongue that they all have.
4. Akin to 3, seeing my little cat Oscar get very playful and jump, from a standing position, 2-3 feet in the air.
5. Dinner with good friends on a Friday night. I’m out with Dave and Christie tonight.
6. Having my friends children call me Auntie. I feel roped into a family then.
7. Anything by A.S. Byatt.
8. My parents – who are incontrovertibly the best parents on earth, unless of course your parents are great and then we’ll have to have a “parent-off.”
9. Good words – sleepy, serendipity, innocuous, loquacious. . .
10. Getting up every morning to write on this blog. Sometimes it’s the greatest thing that happens that day.
I hope your day is filled with your favorite things.
P.S. For good writing and interesting ideas about being green – i.e. being environmentally conscious, not being Kermit – check out Andi’s post on BiblioBuffet. And it’s worth it to read the comments about the post on Andi’s blog.
P.P.S I just found a new blog – or rather the blogger found me – and it’s great. Beautiful reviews. Check out Incurable Logophilia.